dying by degrees (91 Integra gs)

OK I exaggerate. Little things have died. More things than on my 1983 Accord I sold in 2000. First there was the rip in the fabric on the left edge of the drivers seat. A cancer developed in the foam below. I
stitched in a tan patch which lasted for a couple of years. Then some of the dashboard lights (heater /defroster stuff) would only come on if I whacked the dash board. Now they don't (maybe a brief flicker). The heater intensity switch went and now I adjust the temp by monkeying under the dash a couple of time per/yr. Then the little plastic piece that keeps the drivers lap-belt available (below left side of drivers seat) broke. Now the key won't open the hatch (WD-40 hasn't helped) though the inside lever still works. The auto itself runs just fine (only 136K) and burns no oil. I've repaired some rust spots below the drivers side rear window. Some are forming on the back of the car (to be expected i guess). Anyone else have these problems on this model?
snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote in

Not specifically,but it sounds typical of aging autos.(or people!) That's why many people buy new(er) cars,because of all the little things that break as cars age.
And restoring a modern car is not like doing an older one,more parts are plastic,and no longer made nor available,and impossible to reproduce yourself.Plastic ages and deteriorates,becomes brittle and breaks.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik