lexus 400h

I purchased a Lexus 400h with all the bells and whistles in January. The epa sticker claimed 33-28. We all know that not accurate but 23.!! In fact checking by the old manual method it obtained only 21.66.
Admittaly the first few tanks gave 26.8. Auto now has 8000 miles.
The biggest disapointment is the GPS. One has to know where they are going. If one follows the voice direction there is no telling where you woulds end up. Often the voice directions are turn left, when one must turn right. Another problem when on a ring road around a city one is directed to turn at every exit. Destination address is in the city but about 30 exits farther down the interstate.
Any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks Jim
[...]
Jim wrote:

There may be something wrong with your GPS. Take it back to Lexus and tell them what you're 'seeing'. I can tell you that I've had and used a number of GPS's in my vehicles (current Acura RL and formerly 2x Acura TL's) and in rentals -- as well as 2 or three portable units, and none of them have displayed the issues you're having. Hard to believe that Lexus would put out such a flawed GPS system in their vehicles.
On 29 Jul 2006 21:03:12 -0700, Jim said:

Buy an Acura.
--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

said:

Really... He posts this Lexus question four times in an Acura group.
Geeze...

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me