Latest threads in Audi Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2003 A4 1.8T avant quattro: to hitch or not to hitch: that is the question
Hi there, I have specifically shyed away from A6 2.7T and sport package on A4 to have some meaningful road clearance to navigate snowpiles around here. Now I read this tread: I've got to ask: how much...

16" rims: barring 215/55-16 would 225/50R16 or 205/55R16 work better?
winter is almost over here and I'm pondering summer tire choices for the upcoming 2003 A4 us spec 1.8T wagon (manual) there's no 215/55R16 Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and i'm not willing to go to 17"...
5
5

2011 Audi A8L 4.2 FSI, an AW Drivers Log:
EXECUTIVE BOB GRITZINGER: This car is a ground-based personal jet for the high-flying set--especially those who like to pilot their own machinery. Read More: NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from...

No handbrake on S4?!????
are you kidding me? do you start going whithout rolling back when sitting uphill?(Think san francisco)
19
19

Motor and chassis serial number on Audi 80
Can anyone tell me where I can find : 1 - the chassis serial number on an Audi 80 1994 (European) ? 2 - the motor serial number plate on the 1,9 L TDi from 1990 to 1996 ? Thanks, LHR
1
1

Jay Leno's Garage
3
3

Got a chance to test drive 2003 A4 (1.8T quattro) and 2001 A6 (V8 quattro) on sunday:
I was surprised to find that A4 and A6 are worlds apart. I thought A6 is a bigger A4 but in fact it;s a smaller A8 I guess. (Never driven an A8 and have no need for one). A4 is nimble and A6 does it's...
2
2

Audi body design errors
Dear folks, yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars. Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as...
17
17

choices, choices, choices: manual vs automatic in 2003 A6
I typically get a manual tranny since where I live roads are not terribly congested most of the time (yet). How well does the stick shifts on 2003 A6 (quattro)? Is the engagement crisp and precise or...

are there rear subframe differences US vs euro in 2003 A6 quattro?
Will US modular hitch fit euro A6 rear subframe (circa model year 2003)? The retarded euro hitches have nonremovable towing ball and wont' accept a bike rack. I'm panning to get a 2003 with 6 pot 2.4...

Chris Benton in Rochester, New York
Chris Benton in Rochester, New York wants to know how many miles you can get on a 2003 Audi if you take good care of it.

Is torque bind on audi ever an issue?
Is there an issue equivalent to the subaru torque bind on quattro(torsen) based systems (A4,A6,etc)?

A6 vs A4 frontend
Is A6 front suspension as complex and as fragile as A4s with lots of little expensive bits?

Audi 100 A/C and Heater Control
I have a problem with my a/c unit and heater control i think it is going bad. what could be the cause of it?

A4 near side upper ball joint
I have been quoted £200. Looked at Haynes and after the second para on replacement I decided £200 seems a good price. anyone done one and comments.