2000 A4 - Window problems in cold weather??

Recently have been having trouble with the driver's side window. Has automatic up/down but has been hesitating on the up. To the point where it seems it won't be able to close completely, which is not good in a
region where winter = rain. We're experiencing unseasonably cold weather for this part of the country (US, California) -- does anyone know if the temperatures might be what is causing the problem? Or do I need to go ahead and find a place to do the ext(p)ensive repair?
Possibly a related issue, does anyone know of electrical issues that crop up in Audis/A4/2000 A4s? Also recently had an experience where the "lights are on" warning signal stayed on for almost a full minute, even after the car was restarted and I had started driving. Any insights into the quirks of Audis would be appreciated. Thanks.

Same problem on our A6 which goes back to leasing hell next week - HALLELUJAH - we're DONE. It cost us a metric assload of money to be done, but we're DONE!!
--
Wayne Crannell
Xxxxxxx, TX