Wrong manual...alarm-questions

I bought myself an 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 tip-tronic a while ago. Unfortunately the right manual didnt find my way at the purchase - so im stuck with a german manual for a pre-98.5 model.
That gives me some problems, because the 98.5-model had some minor changes here and there.
Ive been looking for a manual (for free :o)) on-line, but havent succeeded. So i guess i need to go get me one the money-way. In the meantime, i am having some problems with the alarm-system:
a) Key-less entry works fine, but i cant get the alarm to arm. Normally there should be a LED (or similar) somwhere, that would indicate the alarm/immobilizer is in effect. But i cant find/see any LED anywhere!? Where is it?
b) In the pre-98.5-model there would be a switch in the drivers-side B-panel, that would allow me to switch off the internal sensors for the alarm, if i leave "something/someone alive" in the car. Theres no switch in that place in my car. Where should i look then?
c) Shouldnt the horn sound an audible *bleeb/honk* too, when the alarm arms? (The german manual makes me think "what DID i actually do in german-classes back in school!?" ;o))
Any help with the above is greatly appreciated.
T.I.A.
--
Gio

probably no alarm installed
--
regards
Ottar T

You cant be serious.....
--
Gio

Gio wrote:

Sure, why not.
Wolfgang

A car that pricey, with everything else installed...and they would leave out the alarm? I doubt it. And why would anyone bother de-installing the alarmsystem...
I mean...why? *s*
--
Gio

Is there really noone that can help me on this subject? Was it really an option to buy a 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 Tip-Tronic WITHOUT alarm installed? I havent managed to get hold of a manual for it yet - but all the others ive seen, plus the one i have (pre-98.5), doesnt explain the alarm-system as something that was optional.
*sigh*
--
Gio

Gio wrote:

Actually in Germany and Austria it's an extra you have to buy. I can well imagine it's the same in Denmark.
And yes, usually you're quite well advised to buy that option because Audis w/o alarm can get stolen quickly.
Wolfgang

Its a german import registered in Sweden.

Yup...hope noone notices *shudder*
Anyway...i really thought immobilizer AND alarm was factory-standard on all Audis!?

That increases the chance that the alarm was simply not ordered. It's NOT standard in Germany. AFAIK.

There are some aftermarket evil looking blinking leds with matching 'cobra' alarm (or similar) stickers which might have a similar effect on the potential thief.

Immobilizer yes. Alarm: No. Even today it isn't. Just look at the german Audi website.
Regards
Wolfgang
Gio wrote:

Because the price of all the other options did not allow to add that one to the car?
*s*
W.