1989 525i FOR SALE (As is) MUST GO!

1989 BMW 525i For sale. 295000 km. 5 speed. Tan leather interior. Car in as is condition. Motor not running. Vehicle has some rust and needs some front suspension work. Recently the timing belt tensioner went at low speed (about 40k/hr). Car will not turn over and it needs new timing belt. Not sure if there is motor damage but from what I understand it is likely. Do not have time to trouble shoot so the car must go. New rims and tires put on. $3200 obo with wheels or $2200 obo without wheels. Will make a great project car or donor car. Offers Considered Located in Abbotsford BC, Canada (Lower mainland). Phone 604-504-0980 or cell 604-854-0980. Car must go ASAP.
Reply to
Mark Amero

ANY OFFERS anyone at all? What is a 89 525i with a dead motor worth?

Reply to
Mark Amero

In all honesty, a 300,000km car the needs a head *and* some front suspension work is worth like $500. Because you can buy a similar car, emissions checked and ready to plate for $3000 asking price. For example:

So in your case, the buyer has to look at..

  1. Head work -- Pay somebody to rebuild 00 at the high end, to buy a used and install it yourself in dozens of hours 00 in misc parts at the low end.
  2. Suspension work -- perhaps 00.... control arms are like 0 each, shocks are like 0 each... bushings, ball joins, springs, lots of fun stuff to check/renew in an old car like this.

So even a do-it-yourself guy won't want to spend much on your car with all that looming.

And even as a parts car... 300,000km means everything that hasn't been replaced recently is worn out.

Sorry dude...

You're better off to sell the rims and tires and any tasty parts and scrap the rest.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Hmm... I sort of figured as much. I am looking at buying a 95-01 7 series as a replacement. Opinions anyone?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Amero