2001 X5

I'm looking at a 2001 X5 with 90k miles. Currently own a 1992 E34 which I'm very pleased with. Any special things I should watch out for. I know
the 2001 was the second year of the model, which is a bit earlier in the cycle than I like to buy, but it's not a deal-breaker, at least yet.
thanks,
Carl

Which engine?
I hear X5s are very hard on their suspension bushings / ball joints and they don't last long.
The current contender for my affection, and currency, is a 2003 X5 3.0 with 60k US miles. Looks like a better model than the '01. It's had two owners, both in Florida, so no "real" winter driving.

in article Xns9BE049F847A50cehollomongmailcom@216.168.3.70, Carl Hollomon at snipped-for-privacy@youdont.com wrote on 4/1/09 4:16 AM:

2000 was the beta version .. your selection is a bit more improved.
get new tires, new brakes, and new O2 sensor out the door... so that the 120K maintenace stuff is not so expensive.
otherwise you got all the new technology in it that gives all the gas savings and stuff ...
Thanks, Alan. I've found a 2003 model with the 3.0 engine which I'll be checking out shortly. Any other caveats with the '03? Other contenders are the MDX and maybe a Sequoia. This will be the family car; two adults, two boys aged 14 and 8.
Carl
wrote on 4/1/09 4:16 AM:

Carl Hollomon wrote:

I liked my MDX, but I like both of by X5's better due to their performance and trailering capabilities. The MDX has more rear seat room that you should really consider.
-dk
Having been steeped in the "minivan = family vehicle" mentality, I've always wished the X5 were a little bigger. But I love the marque, so we'll see...

wrote on 4/1/09 4:16 AM:

But no knocking knees problem...
DAS
"Mikep" < snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMturboware.com> wrote in message