325 convertible MPG

Page 1 of 2
does anyone know the average MPG for the 325 convertible 1996 model?
many thanks in advance,
Steve

StaffBull wrote:

26ish 70% highway
Cheers Jim - that seems really good - I'm only getting 20 from my MR2 Turbo - and they seem good value for money at around 5k - 7k

It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the poster having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial (here in the UK) :)
I'm not sure that my own car is going to be a useful comparison, but my '93 320i saloon is doing around 25 mpg (UK) in city driving (which means 3 miles to work and back on A roads in the outskirts of Birmingham with a bunch of roundabouts and a lot of gear shifting, and max speed of 30 - 35 mph), and around 35-40 mpg on the motorway at 70mph.
Dan
Cheers Dan, its sounding better all the time - could be bye Turbo !!!

(here
Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn *is* the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same. This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is precisely 3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.
Rob

I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than the UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go farther in the UK than in the US.

I didn't think I'd have to explain that 1 US gallon = 0.833 Imperial gallon. :)
Dan

poster
*is*
precisely
You're absolutely right. I just had a major brain fart and failed to recognize the obvious. Duh! :)
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:59:36 GMT, "+ Rob +"

In that spirit, and just for grins, here's a puzzle.
A pig weighs 30lb plus half its weight. How much does the pig weigh?
--
Dan.

Roughly 13.6 kilos.
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:13:36 -0400, Dean Dark

60lb
Dean Dark wrote:

ummm. 60 lbs. what did I win?
-Fred W

The statement does not establish that 30lbs is half of the pig's weight.
Mmm 325 Mpg to pigs weight!! Sigmund Freud would struggle with that

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:12:26 GMT, "+ Rob +"

I think it does.
Given, W = 30 + W/2
So, 2W = 60 + W
Therefore, W = 60
--
Dan.

weight.
Absolutely fine reasoning. But another way of forming the equation is:
(W0) + W/2 In this case, the pig weighs 30 pounds.
Unorthodox, of course. But mathematically sound.

Although feeding back into the original question is obviously incorrect, as 30 + (30/2) is not equal to 30. While equations can be manipulated to give a variety of results, there is only one solution to the actual problem posed in the first place :P
This also feeds back into my job - I find IT people with a degree that is engineering based (Mech/Aero eng) tend to be better equipped to handle real life programming situations than Comp Sci/Math degree holders ;)
Dan
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:49:55 GMT, "+ Rob +"

No. Your algebra is not only unorthodox, it is wrong. Must try harder.
--
Dan.

+ Rob + wrote:

Really? Well how would you resolve this then?
30 + X = Y and 2X = Y
-Fred W