Average MPG Displayed

How do I reset the mpg displayed on nav screen? I do the reset on the display and it only resets the avg miles traveled and distance (the bottom two items)? Does it reset when gasing up? I,m still on the tank the dealer put in.

Reply to
ccandmv

I'm not sure how the mpg display works on your model, but on our 2000 and

2001 LS, there is an average mpg that is continuous unless you reset it when filling the fuel tank, and there is a tank average that automatically resets when refilling.
Reply to
Ray O

If you go to the "info" screen, I believe you can reset the average mpg (or litres/100km). At least on a 2006 GS300, and probably on other models/years as well.

-Jay-

Reply to
Jay Somerset

My LS has the disp1, disp2, and reset keys. Disp1 toggles through the various things, disp2 toggles the radar range, and reset button resets the various displays toggled by disp1. You have to hold the reset button a few seconds with the display selected you want to reset.

Reply to
mcbrue

Reply to
The Visitor

You did say that you were on your first tankful, after every fill, whether fill-up or partial, the mpg resets itself. I noticed the trip computer overstates my 2006 GS300 mpg reading by about 1.5 mpg. This is odd because my toyota Avalon trip computer states the mpg used on the Avalon exactly.

I would like to be able to adjust my mpg, but don't think I can, also I would like to keep a running tally of global mpg for the car's lifetime, but again it is not possible...... I do not believe the Japanese mindset is as keen on statistics as the American thinking, for instance in sports we only talk in statistics, not goals only.......

I am curious too, is there any way to get more ambient lighting in my GS300 cabin whenever I open the door, the miniature glow lights are cool but make it difficult to see anything, I need a flashlight to find an accidentally dropped item, or to read directions previously jotted on a piece of paper. The Avalon on the other hand lights up like a concert hall....

Reply to
kitzler

Seems to me that you are using that car too much at night! And further, I am sure that you wouldn't read a note in a concert hall or go looking around on the floor for a dropped item, would you?

Reply to
mcbrue