Cracking Noise in E46

Hi all,
When there is a lot of direct sunlight into the E46 car.
When you first drive it - there is a kind of crack noise from somewhere in the back - not exactly a rattle as it can "crack" even
when the car is stationary. When you turn the AC on - and the inside cools down it seems to go. And in non-hot weather - there is no problem at all.
Has anybody else experienced this or am I going mad?
Cheers,
Keith.
keithd wrote:

Condition the leather.
JRE
I don't have leather seats

My E46/2 used to do this on occasion on warm summer mornings. I always assumed it had to do with the sunlight expanding the (cold) rear window against its frame, producing this light cracking sound. Never though much of it - seems normal on the E46. =)
Bondi (Class-1) wrote:

I think that's it. My drivers window does it sometimes.

If it's what I think it is, Gummi Pflege seems to help.
Tom K.