Cracking Noise in E46

Hi all,

When there is a lot of direct sunlight into the E46 car.

When you first drive it - there is a kind of crack noise from somewhere in the back - not exactly a rattle as it can "crack" even when the car is stationary. When you turn the AC on - and the inside cools down it seems to go. And in non-hot weather - there is no problem at all.

Has anybody else experienced this or am I going mad?

Cheers,

Keith.

Reply to
keithd

Condition the leather.

JRE

Reply to
JRE

Reply to
keithd

My E46/2 used to do this on occasion on warm summer mornings. I always assumed it had to do with the sunlight expanding the (cold) rear window against its frame, producing this light cracking sound. Never though much of it - seems normal on the E46. =)

Reply to
Bondi (Class-1)

I think that's it. My drivers window does it sometimes.

Reply to
dizzy

If it's what I think it is, Gummi Pflege seems to help.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.