e39 - poor get up and go

can anyone suggest a way of fixing my '00 523 touring(e39) of the following problem....

basically it is very poor off the mark and lethargic to drive...obviously the car should have power but it seems to be dead...

if anyone else has had similar problems and been able to fix them, could you please share this information, the car is no longer under warranty.

thanks

Reply to
74afroman

Assuming it was ok once and you've not just got unreasonable expectations, I'd guess at a VANOS fault.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)