E39 wheels

I have a total black e39 touring (shadow line) with standard 16" wheels. I want to buy a new set but can't decide about 17"or 18". 18" looks cooler, but I think that I will lose a lot of comfort. Is that true? And I can't decide on a set of Alpina wheels (Alpina 2 or 3) or M5 wheels in blackchrome. M5 looks very cool, but I heard that when a wheel is damaged it will be very difficult to have the wheel repaired in exact the same colour. Is that true? Thx

Reply to
SilverBack

Going from 16 to 18" wheels, you'll almost definitely feel a harsher ride. I did this in my old Maxima, but got used to it after a short while.

Your handling will improve, but tires will probably wear significantly faster & braking distance increase (From what I've read). Further, you'll never recoup your investment when you sell the car.

However, the big uns sure look nice

Reply to
Jimmy G