E46 Inspection Light Question

I have a 99 323i with 44k miles. When I purchased the car(pre- owned) it did not have the correct owners manual. Manual I have is for a 2001 325, which shows the "Inspection" light will come on
when appropriate. Does my car have this feature? I would like to know if I should do an inspection service as I am approaching 45k miles and the car will need an oil change anyway.
Tried to acquire the proper owner's manual, with very little luck.
Many thanks
Doug e
---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ----------------------------------------------
Your car is equipt with this feature, I believe. ???
Al

on the ignition, will indicate either "Oil Service" or "Inspection" slightly above and top the left. So since you are not seeing Inspection, I would guess that your next service will be Oil and about 15k or so later, you will need Inspection II. Most likely, the first Oil Service was at 15k, Inspection I at 30k, so you are right on schedule and after the mechanic resets the service indicator, you should see "Inspection". I doubt there was any change between '99 and '01 in this area.