Heat under dashboard

Hi BMW fan, I have a few question to ask you folk. Here's my car description, 1996 328I BMW with 165K miles on it. Everytime I drive, I felt a heat coming from the
engine under the dashboard on both driver and passenger side. What cause it and how do I fix it? My other question is the control for the heat and AC, it doesn't turn on. What's the problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks, Dara

Sorta sounds like it's stuck on heat...
It sounds to me like both problems are the same problem.