"EOL" on dashboard?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows what "EOL" means on the dashboard of a Seat Cordoba(which I believe is a rebadged VW Polo, hence the post here).

EOL appears for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on.

Many thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

First of all, you are in the wrong newsgroup.

Secondly, it probobly says OEL, and it means that it is time for an oil change.

- Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Thays Dyslexic for Deutsche OEL means Oil or ioL your way....Eric just teasing but yes wrong newsgroup

Reply to
Stutzsr

End Of Life

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Also, the cordoba is NOT a rebadged polo.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

it looks so much like it is....

down here we got a Seat Ibiza, similar to the Polo but not a rebadge, and then got a 'Polo Classic' and a 'Seat Cordoba' that were most likely a rebadge of each other... exactly the same, except for trim and badges...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

you know they are not exactly the same Eduardo.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

No they are not... but they surely LOOK a lot alike...

The Polo Classic we get here is built in Argentina. My guess is they bought the tooling they used to built the Seat Cordoba from around 96 and use it to build this car... They call it a VW becaus Seat has bad reputation in South America....

I can get pictures :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

most of the bad rep is the disgusting level of support local dealers gave the cars.. but you already knew that :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Yes they are. Or rather, they were until the recent VW Polo model change. ("Exactly the same" minus trim and maybe a little sheetmetal, of course.)

VW Polo Classic = Seat Cordoba. VW Polo Variant = Seat Cordoba Vario, VW Caddy Kombi = Seat Inca.

But:

VW Polo != Seat Ibiza. (The Ibiza is a little bigger, and shares many parts (everything in front of the B pillars surely) with the Cordoba. This means that the Polo is very unlike the Polo Classic and Variant.)

And to complete this:

VW Sharan = Seat Alhambra = Ford Galaxy. (This is the mini-van, not the sedan that I think you USAnians get under the name of Ford Galaxy.) VW Lupo = Seat Arosa. VW Caddy Pick-up = some Skoda I don't remember the name of.

All of which except the Sharan and Lupo are discontinued by now. The new Polo (including a sedan, but no estate anymore) is not Seat-related, and the new Caddy is now a small commercial van (both Kombi and panel van) with higher roof, sliding doors, and a more utilitarian look that's based on the (also rather new) Touran mini-van, which in turn is based on the new Golf platform.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer