Replacing BMW E36 1997 328i Amplifier

Hi,
I had search for this information online but havent really found any good information. I would really appreciate if someone can help me on this.
I am trying to find the location of the amplifier in my 1997 BMW 328i. Where is it located? I currently have another 2003 5 series amplifier (alpine), which I wish to replace the old one with.
Please let me know.
Thank you, Kalyan.
waffled on about something:

I assume you are talking about a speaker amplifier... I didn't know the E36 was ever fitted with one. My '96 325TDS SE certainly isn't.
However, there is an amplifier for the rear window radio aerial.
I believe it's behind the trim panel on the rear left (as you look at the back of the car from outside) C pillar next to the rear window, so drivers said if you're in the USA/Mainland Europe, passenger side for UK/Japan etc.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

On the E36 the power amp is located on the drivers side of the trunk, (boot) behind the carpet, just behind the wheel well. Remove the trunk floor, the tail light covers, and peel back the carpet. It's not as bad as it sounds.
But good luck getting that to work. I really doubt that the new amp will connect to the E36, or match the impedance of the speakers, or have the correct crossover points.