"Strut Towers are Pushed Up" my 98 528

Hello All,
I brought my car into the dealer for an alignment job. The tech called me later saying that under the current conditions of the suspension, that alignment would be wasted money. He cited a few
items that sound pretty expensive, so I had him pull the plug until I could afford replacement.
Later I received the invoice (no charge), with specifics of their findings, and one thing really concerns me. They are saying that the "Strut Towers are Pushed Up". My question is, is this as bad as it sounds? These things look like part of the body, or undercarriage.
Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Erick

About the only way this could happen is in a wreck. I would anticipate a large bill for body work. There may be other damage as well. Jim

driven over speed humps at 90?

Can't you call them and ask? I would have thought that there would be visible other damage if that is the case.

My attempts to reach him and get further details was futile. I will visit another dealer, and get a second opinion as the other poster suggested.
As for visible signs, I see none. After 4 years of owning the car, it drives very well.
Thanks everyone for their input...wish me luck.

I've never read reports of this problem on an E39. Some sporty 3 Series suffered from cracking round the rear strut housings, though. But none describes this as 'struts pushing up'. I'd say the garage are pulling your plonker.
--
*How's my driving? Call 999*