window closing using the key

The car is a 2006 M3 Convertible, As i understand it , if the windows are open and you lock the car using the keyfob the windws should close , mine
dont . what do i need to do to get them to close via the keyfob
Thanks

They only will open with the keyfob. Liability concerns keep you from being able to close them this way.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i

Not necessarily true. It's dependent on the market and possibly on key/memory programming. I've had UK 4-door and 2-door E46s that have closed the windows if you keep the lock button pressed for a few seconds. Four-door models close all the windows, two-doors only close the front windows. Chris.

The car is a UK M3, Opening the door and holding the button opens the windows but locking the car and holding the center button does not shut them

In that case you might talk to your dealer about the Car Memory programming. "Convenient Locking RC" and "Convenient Opening RC" are separate options on my 2004 car, both set to the factory default of Active. If they're both available on your car perhaps "Locking" has been set to Not Active. On a newly-supplied car the dealer should reprogram the Memory at no charge, so have a good look at the other available options if you haven't already done so.. Chris.
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:04:05 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

The US models have it disabled.. Euro models should have it enabled.

I can close all windows and sunroof using the key itself (but not the remote). This is a Canadian E46 sedan. It certainly saves getting back in, turning the key on, and enjoying the seatbelt warning while closing the forgotten window with the switch. Just hold the key in the lock position until everything shuts.
RT wrote:

Correct, but it won't close remotely. There is a risk you will close the window while not seeing it and getting someone stuck or worse. BMW does not want to be liable for it.

The KEY or the key fob? The key will close the windows, turn the lock and hold it. The key fob won't close the windows.

Does on my UK car. Opens and closes them. Try holding the button down after the locks have opened.
--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

Did on my fob - hold lock button down and after locking, windows wound up as well...
2001 530D Touring
Nick