Valve Covers vs. Wipers on 68 Camaro--HELP!

My husband has a '68 Camaro with a 454 big block. Recently he replaced the valve covers with high-rise aluminum ones, to house new roller rockers, but the motor for the windshield wipers will not fit
on the firewall, as the new covers are in the way. Does anyone know of anthing that can be done so his wipers can be used again?
If I remember correctly, the 396 motors used in 1967-69 Camaros had a unique valve cover with an indentation to accommodate the accessories onthe firewall. Your best bet might be to find an original set of First Generation Camaro valve covers from a big block. Good luck. Jeff
Lady Jane Pottle wrote:

Sell the new engine parts....my big blocks seem to do just fine with stock valve covers, and either stock or roller tip only rockers. Then again, if the engine *needs* full roller rockers, it's probably not a car he'd want to drive in the rain :)
--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
You guess'd it, your "husband" made a bad choice. He opted for the "pretty" solution vs. the functional solution. Here's a suggestion to make you look good (or feel endeared, if you're married): ask him how often he plans to drive his Cam'ro in the rain. When he says never, suggest that he should remove the wipers and motor for less hassle, less weight, and better looks. He'll love you.
might be able to change the frame mounts and lower the motor GR