C4 Question

Hi,

I've been looking at a C4 Convertible from 86 to buy. Its in a reasonable condition.

What are the things to watch out for ?

A question I have is : i pulled the radiatorcap and there seemed to be some pressure on the cooling system. Is this normal ?

Thanks

YT

Reply to
YT

I'll let more experienced Vette owners answer the what to watch for. As far as the cooling system having pressure, that's what the caps for. By keeping the system under pressure, it prevents the coolant boiling over at lower temps.

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

Are you serious?

I suggest you take someone with you that knows about cars instead of trying to figure it out yourself.

Reply to
larrybud2002

Maybe he should wait until the temperature gauge reads about 210 before pulling the cap off. ha ha

There will be pressure - lots of it - and a lot of very hot coolant spraying out all over you the hotter the car is. People get seriously hurt by doing what you did. Count yourself lucky. NEVER remove a radiator cap if the car is hot or warm.

To start with, I suggest you read the owner's manual from cover to cover. Most never do, because they already know how to operate a car, but if you are pulling radiator caps off and don't know there is pressure there, you'd better start on page 1.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I think I finally know why there are warning labels on hair dryers.

Reply to
larrybud2002

It goes along with the lawn mower warnings - Do Not Place Hands under Here when Running.

Let's see, it cuts grass, but it won't hurt my fingers????

It is a shame- it would help clean up the gene pool if there weren't so many warnings to protect the, well how do I get "politically correct" on this, stupid. The dumb and dumber continue to grow and breed and make even dumber ones.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
JOEVET

hehehe, you guys are ruthless :-)

I was thinking he might know enough to think the "pressure" was bubbles flowing in the coolant (ie head gasket blown) but if he knew bubbles flowing was something to look out for, he should already be aware of a head gasket causing it. :-)

Any>Hi,

Reply to
RicSeyler

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:53:24 -0500, RicSeyler puked:

I have a set of those at home. I guess they're collector items...

lab~rat