C6 for $$ over invoice?

Are any dealers selling C6 Coupes yet for a specific value over dealer invoice? I am thinking of getting an 1LT coupe with only adding paddle shift (MXO) and transparent roof (CC3); and hoping to find it for $1,000
over invoice. Am I incorrect in thinking I can find that?
I bought my (new) 2006 LS2 1LT with MN6 , for $4800 off of sticker price last Feb. ; I figure that is between $500-1000 over invoice. www.lesstanford.com (Rick Daniels is their Corvette Salesman) . They claim to be the 2nd largest mover of new Corvettes in the nation -- Kerbeck is the largest according to Rick . Les Stanford Chev. is located in Dearborn , Mich. I flew out there from Illinois and drove it back. The closest price I could find locally was $2500 off of sticker., so, the $130 airplane ticket to Michigan was worth it.
Dave
dave wrote:

Thanks, Dave.
Your welcome. Sticker on mine was $44,900 incl. destination charge and extra charge for the LeMans Blue. I paid $39,995 plus tax. That was for a 2006 LS2 , 1LT package, with MN6 . No other extras. All i really wanted was the basic package.
Dave
I ordered mine from MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire and I'm located in the SF Bay Area using the GMID program, similar to GMS pricing.
http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p !3
You can find out more by clicking on the GMID category I have under my blog.
GMID or GMS pricing is about $2K over invoice, but actually closer because the true invoice price I hear is about $500 or so higher after adding for regional advertising fees that the dealer needs to pay. My price then amounts to $5.5K off MSRP for a pretty loaded coupe.
Depending on where you are located, you may get different deals. Here in Northern Cal, it's impossible to find anything close to invoice, but $3K off MSRP is possible. Anything beyond that and the dealers would ignore you.
On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:23:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

I just went with Rick too, got in just in time for an 06. Waited 8 weeks for an 06 allocation from local dealer and they screwed me, feebly offering an 07 allocation instead. Nah, Aint waitin any longer bub. Pretty sure they knew it all along too. bastards.
GM needs to learn if people want to order a 50K car they need to TAKE THE ORDER NOW. Not let dealers BS customers about allocation crap. No wonder GM is in trouble.
Sorry, needed to rant there.
I was able to use GMID pricing too from Rick. Most of my local dealers will not do GMID so you have to look around if you go with a local dealer. Just make em show you their damn allocation though.
Everyone should know about (GM in Driveway) pricing
It is EASY to get the certifictate number. It is the same exact pricing as GM Supplier. Spread the word.
Read about it here. Stoopid easy to do. Saved me 5400 dollars below MSRP...........
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,32969.0.html
You might be able to find a 2005 C6 on a lot somewhere for a major discount. My boss bought a brand new fully loaded 2005 convertible for 11,000 off MSRP in April. With the 2007 starting to produce in 2 months dealers have to unload these. They are getting scarce but still out there.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The best I could do from Maxie Price was $1,000 over invoice, and they also wanted to charge me $666 for a LAM dealer advertising fee and $500 for some processing fees. I will probably wait for the 07 at this point and just get it from Rick Daniels at Les Stanford.