What tailgaters deserve

Page 2 of 2

I thought that there was still some version of Population Density in the equation of setting speed limit? Did that go away in `95?
Moderation is for monks."
βœ–

http://www.iihs.org/laws/speedlimits.aspx shows the current speed limits and Utah is factoring population density for some roads.
-- Ron
Add pictures here
βœ–

So far as this article says, the feds left all speed limit decisions up to states:
http://www.cnn.com/US/9510/speed_limits/index.html
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
Add pictures here
βœ–

When I flash my high beams at left lane campers they they get all pissed off and give me the finger or slam on the brakes. They don't realize that they're breaking the law and I'm not:
Virginia § 46.2-842.1: "It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On AUDIBLE OR LIGHT SIGNAL, the driver of the overtaken vehicle SHALL MOVE TO THE RIGHT to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so."
What's unbelievable is that you can get a drivers license without ever reading this stuff. Reading the complete vehicle code even one single time is NOT REQUIRED! Drivers Education was 99% Mothers Against Drunk Driving mandated anti-alcohol advertising.
http://www.driverightpassleft.com /
Add pictures here
βœ–
"The Reverend Natural Light" ... Zombywoof wrote:

[...]
Nice link. I encourage everyone to check out what the rule actually is in the state that they drive in. It is not the same rule everywhere....
I do like the The Uniform Vehicle Code which states [this is lifted from the above site]:
"Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic ..."
** and then the site notes this: "Note that this law refers to the 'normal' speed of traffic, not the 'legal' speed of traffic. The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right. Contrast Alaska's rule, 13 AAC 002.50, allowing vehicles driving at the speed limit to use the left lane, and Colorado rev. stat. 42-4-1103, prohibiting blocking the "normal and reasonable" movement of traffic."
**I note this: What bugs me is not only the left lane obstructionists, but also those that must just go to the middle lane immediately. If one is not actively passing anyone, one should be in the rightmost lane always.
I would also like to know what this Uniform Vehicle Code is and what its jurisdiction is. Tomes
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ed Light wrote:

The problem is why don't people realize the left lane is the fast lane and stop hugging it and holding up those who want to go faster? This leaves the right lane open for passing the idiots who won't move over when they're talking on their cell phones and leaving a quarter-mile open in front of them. If you can't keep up with the traffic you should move over to the right. Your particular situation is due to the actions of others and the reaction of the drivers to your dilly-dallying is because they have grown accustomed to using the right lane for passing.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Which part of Nor Cal do you drive in? They tailgate here in NorCal also. Maybe to move the normally an immigrant who thinks the left lane is the slow lane over. But there have always been tailgaters in the near 50 years of NorCal driving I have done.
Add pictures here
βœ–