2002 Grand Caravan self-checks

I cannot find in the manual how to runther self-diagnostics for the three- zone climate control system (02 GC ES model). On my older 97 without auto
climate control it was amatter of holding a few buttons.
Anyone know the sequence? And even better, the possible output results.
Also, my battery was low after someone borrowed the vanand left the doors open. It started, barely, and coincidentally I noticed the guage backlights are non-functional. I held the odometer trip button and ran the console self-check but did not see a error code reported.
Is there another test, or did I miss the code?