95 caravan fuel gauge mystery

The fuel gauge is pegged at FULL and only begins to move when the tank is down to half or less. The DTE display seems to follow the fuel reading. Milage figures and other display numbers are OK. Is this a
calibration problem or is there something going on with the sending unit?

< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
maxpower wrote:

Thanks for comment. Is the sending unit the traditional kind with a float and variable resistor? If this is so a reading near EMPTY would make sense if the float were sinking. Otherwise I suppose the float could be hung up or there is a problem with the resistor. Does the computer have a direct link to the gauge, or do they share the signal? Apologies for all the questions, i'm just trying to understand how it works. I'll try to find a shop manual and look for a diagram.

< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...