Re: 2002 VUE Fuel Gauge

I bought a 2002 Vue in December of 99. About 6 months out, I had the same problem. Full tank would read almost 1/2 on the gauge, and it would read empty within 50 miles.

Saturn tech said it was the fuel sending unit. Replaced it same day, and I was on my way. Have over 100,000 miles on it now, with no further problems.

Thanks,

--Glenn.

My Vue has a faulty fuel gauge and the dealer has been telling me the part > has been on order for some months. He says he thinks a new part is being > developed. In the meantime, it's a real pain not having a reliable gauge... > shows somewhere between half a tank and empty all the time. Anyone else with > this problem? If so are you getting the same story? > > BTW, the dealer says if I use a lower sulphur gas (apparently Sunoco) rather > than Shell, it will improve a bit. Sounds fishy to me but I haven't had a > chance to test this suggestion yet. > >
Reply to
PasTech