Headlight switch?

I have noticed that once the headlights are turned on (even if only the running or marker lights) that the area around the switch on the dashboad becomes quite warm. Why should this happen and should I be
concerned.
Vehicle in question - 2002 Caravan Sport
Thanks for any input.
Ed O

As long as you have a fire extinguisher installed within reach, you should be just fine.
Raymond Sirois KU2S SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS 607-733-5745 telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000
Thank's Ray, I try to stay close to fire hydrants or lakes.
Ed

"EdO1" wrote: > I have noticed that once the headlights are turned on (even if > only the > running or marker lights) that the area around the switch on > the > dashboad becomes quite warm. Why should this happen and should > I be > concerned. > > Vehicle in question - 2002 Caravan Sport > > Thanks for any input. > > Ed O
I think it might be because of too much resistance in one of the wires of some part that the electricity flows through, although if it dosent get smoking or melting hot, or too hot to the touch the plastic should dissapate the heat fast enough to not cause a problem
As I see it, this will only get worse. Whatever you have found that is warm is an indicator of something that is MUCH hotter behind. This will cause problems later as surfaces oxidize and resistance increases = More heat than you have now. I had one of these problems on a large motorccycle. It turned out in this case that the previouse owner had installed an "Offroad" high wattage, (=illegal) bulb in the headlight. This overheated the wiring/clips/fuse but not too hot, (as I thought since I didn't have a clue why at the time). This problem eventually destroyed the whole fuse box case in time. Your problem is different, but could cause a fire. There shouldn't be Any temperature rise.