Dropping idle when headlights are on

I don't drive my '93 after dark that much, even less during the summer when it stays light later. I spent the last week at the SCCA Runoffs and the days I drove to the track in my Miata and stayed late enough to drive home after dark I noticed a problem. When stopped at a light or stop sign with the headlights on, the idle drops, sometimes low enough to almost stall, just barely staying running.

Is this just a matter of adjusting the idle (I can do this, I've done it before) or is it a sign of a potential problem elsewhere?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

There's a very good article on the home page of miata.net under the topic 'know your car'.

I believe that this will exactly solve your cars problem and it's simple.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks Chris. I had looked in the garage section but not in the correct place.

Jim

Reply to
Jim