help put e85 fuel in by mistake

i put just over 1 gallon of e85 fuel in my 97 dodge caravan by mitake and run it for about 50 miles. know it will not start. please help

Reply to
ca0989

I doubt very seriously if that is your problem. Go to the basics, fuel spark and timing and check for fault codes

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Unless it was almost empty when the gallon of E85 was put in.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

I still cant see that causing a no start

Reply to
maxpower

In "maxpower" writes: [ snip ]

Sure it would, if that's all the fuel he's got....

Speaking of which, is the 1997 Caravan certified for E-85? I know the 1998 one is.

(Even if it isn't, of course, the original poster's car shouldn't have been clobberred by the fuel).

Reply to
danny burstein

At E50 or more the engine might be too lean to start without having a "learning" period on the mix. Not likely - but possible. Easy to fix though - just add gasoline.

** Posted from
**