timing

I have a 1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 Turbo and I am trying to figure out the marks on the transmission. I was wondering does that have anything to do with the timing? Because the car will start right up but the turbo is not working. It has no power when you drive it, but when sitting there and raving it up it has a kinds of power.

Reply to
89DAY

maxpower

So does the flywheel bolt on a certian way? I quess what I am asking do I need to but # 1 up on TDC then bolt the flywheel to the torque converter? And is there a mark on the torque converter? Thanks

Reply to
89DAY

Yes, but if you are looking for TDC (compression stroke which is what you need to be doing) the camshaft determines that, if the number piston is all the way up and the cam shaft gear is not 180 degrees out you arent on compression stroke....and yes the flywheel bolts on one way only.

Align the camshaft mark/distributor rotor/and crankshaft mark

Reply to
maxpower