1981 Z28 instrument panel gauges...aftermarket replacement?

Hello Folks,
I'm going to add aftermarket gauges to my Z28. Rather than installing them under the dash, I would like to replace the existing factory gagues in the
instrument panel. Does anyone have experience doing this,and if so, any insight to share? I haven't been able to find a company that makes an aftermarket direct replacement, but it looks like I could probably get some 1.5" oil pressure, temp and volt meter gauges to fit without too much trouble. Possibly even an aftermarket tach and speedometer as well.
Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Iggy
Hi, Depending on what you're looking for you can have a look at this: www.covansclassic.com I guess that Nordskog also has a digital kit for your model www.nordskogperformance.net
I suggest not to alter your original panel, it will more and more difficult to find some original ones.

Thanks for the input, j. But covan has the same issue as other companies I've looked at. They've got 70 - 78 and 82 - 92, but nothing for 79 - 81. The dash those years was different, and I haven't been able to find any company that makes a specific fit replacement. The Nordskog looks like it could be made to work....but I decided to mount the gages in the console, angled up at the driver. Much easier, and preserves the original cluster.
Thanks again,
Iggy

I keep watching!
As soon as I see something, I let you know