Hard Starting Formula !(was 88 Formula running hot)

Hello all,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my '88 Formula running hot. I back-flushed the radiator and replace the radiator hoses and the car runs much cooler now. However, the car is difficult to start now and the Check Engine light comes on once it has started. That side of the engine got a pretty good bath with the back flushing so I'm thinking a sensor got wet or I accidentally knocked off a hose or wire.I can't find anything loose though. Any ideas on what this could be assuming that all wires and hoses are attached. I drove the car a couple hundred miles after the flush so I would think everything had a chance to dry by now. Thanks for your replies.

- Tom D. -

Reply to
Tom D.

First you need the code(s) before you can do anything. Underneath the steering wheel is the ALDL connector. There are two rows of ports. use a paperclip to jump out the two farthest right on the rop row. Turn on the ignition without trying to start the car. Do not crank the engine over. Start counting flashes and write them down. The codes are 2 digit #'s. Someone on the newsgroup can look them up for you or there are plenty of sites with codes on them.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Perhaps you missed my previous post that said I'm getting a code 54 which indicates low voltage to the fuel pump. It is an intermittent trouble which makes it a little harder to figeure out. Any suggestions ?

Reply to
Tom D.

The only advice I can give is to start checking every connection from the fuse box all the way back to the pump and cleaning corrosion when you find it. It's a pain but sometimes it has to be done.

...Ron