Sloppy Camaro

Hey its me again with the '80 Z. I got it to pass inspection without the reverse lights working, so I've got some time to figure that one out. However...

The car has a 4 speed Borg Warner T10, that was just rebuilt a few months ago. However, the shifter (as it did before the rebuild) has some play when going in and out of gears, and while it is in a neutral position. I looked and where the hurst shifter connects to the 3 rods which connect to the transmission, the bushings that allow these rods to move back and forth are clearly worn out.

I asked my mechanic buddy to take a look at it, and he said that these bushings were definitely the problem, but he couldn't find out where I could get my hands on any new ones.

I've looked everywhere it seems to find these things, and I might have found them from classic camaro, but they don't have pictures of the parts, and the descriptions are weak-there are several different 'bushings and washers' offered, and I'm not sure which ones are the right ones.

Does anyone know where I can get these? There are 6 of them in total, one for each of the 3 rods where they connect to the hurst shifter, and one for each of the rods where they connect to the transmission. I would like to replace all of them.

I believe the first rod is for 1st/2nd gear, the next for 3rd/4th, and the last is for reverse.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Brian

Reply to
80 Z-28 work

Try here.

I recomend the steel bushings.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Go to AutoZone and look in the "HELP" section, the blister packs with red background--u should find them there. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

On 28 Mar 2007 09:13:46 -0700, "80 Z-28 work" puked:

I got transmission linkage bushings from this company:

Ok, I know it says trucks, but at least they're CHEVY trucks...

lab~rat >:-)