slow heating

i have a 98 firebird and it takes around 5 to 10 minutes after i start the car for the heater to start doing what its supposed to do - "keep me from freezing to death"! please help me with this problem. tell me
what i need to get done to rectify this. do i need to change the coolant? do i need to get it flushed? all the other fluids in the car have been taken care of recently. so please tell me what the problem could be and help me rectify this...
Stinger wrote:

outside (I mean, yeah it's cold, but it takes a little time to build up some heat). It's usually at least about 5 minutes before heat comes out of my heater in the morning, and it's not all that cold here in CA.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer

Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

Natomas. I have not been to sac raceway yet, but plan to as soon as I get my baby back on the road (made the mistake of letting my daughter drive it). First stage is get it back road worthy stock, then go down and get a baseline and start working on it.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
KITTvsKARR wrote:

and stuff like that. The cat has reached the end of it's life, so it just needs a bunch of maint type stuff done and that to get it back on the road. I plan on having it back on the road for next summer.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Transmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
KITTvsKARR wrote:

getting the time. <g>
--
Cy Welch