2003 Mercury Grand Marquis keyless entry pad

I recently purchased a 2003 mercury grand marquis. we need to find out instructions for programming the keyless entry pad. we tried the passenger side
trunk hinge for the factory codes, but they aren't there on this model.
if anyone could help, it would be appreciated!
Thanks!
--
anbmom

The parts department at the Merc dealer will have the answer on thew phone.
Bob M

Did you buy this from a Ford or Mercury dealer? If so, they should provide you the code for free. If you purchased it from a third party, then they should have the code. It probably was on a card in the owner's guide folder.
Grand Maarquis of this vintage use a Driver Door Module (DDM) to control the locks. This module is inside the drivers door. It is possible the code is on a label on this module - or not. The shop manual does not say that it is there. You have to remove the drivers door panel to take a look. Unlike older remote entry control modules, this module is electroncially programmable. A Ford dealer can connect scan equipment to the vehicle and retrieve the permanent code. They won't do this for free if you did not purchase the car from them.
Is the car still under warranty? If so, I might take it to a Ford dealer and let them know the module does not work.
Regards,
Ed White