Re: Disabling auto door-lock feature - How?

It is in the owner's guide.
Ed
Jjsegr wrote:

I have a 2005 Ford Escape. I would like to turn auto-lock on, but I don't see it in the manual. Do you think it might be the same? There is some stuff about one click on the fob or two to open passenger doors, but I don't see any auto-lock.

--
---

Not all Escapes have the auto-lock feature, but I'm not sure how to find out which models do. My '02 XLT doesn't have it. SC Tom

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:57:02 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@XReXXDisab.usenet.us.com wrote:

Some vehicles do NOT support auto lock. The '96 Mystique/Contour with remote activated locks does not have an auto-lock feature.

I looked in the 2005 Escape Owners Guide. No mention is made of the Auto-Lock feature, so I assume you don't have it and therefore can't activate it. Why do you think you have the Auto-Lock feature?
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@XReXXDisab.usenet.us.com wrote:

Some dealers say the 05 Escape has it, some say no. Check the link and search for door locks. They ALL say no and one fella is building a circuit to do it.
Noob www.escape-central.com
wrote:

Sable,
Sable.
I am the original poster. The feature that I am asking about turning-off is the automatic locking of the doors when the car begins to move forward.
A couple of years ago, I was given a routine of turning the key on/off so many times while intermittantly pushinh the door lock/unlock buttons.
There was an easier procedure for vehicles with keyless entry which THAT Sable didn't have. This one (mt Dad's) does.
Thanks to the group.
P.S. - I checked the owner's manual and didn't see anything there.
js
Jjsegr wrote:

The reason there is nothing in the Owner's Guide is that your vehicle doesn't have this feature.
Ed