remove windows switch plate on 2005 Lincoln Town Car

Got a 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited.
There's a diagram straight out of the Service Manual (which I have) here: http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p 0460
but it explains nothing about what to DO to remove that switch plate.
Every time I do this, I stick a screwdriver under the plate and lift it, but that lifts up both the plate and everything (buttons etc) underneath it. Is there a screw to loosen? I have not seen anything to indicate what I ought to do to get this blasted plate OFF. I've even slightly damaged the leather. I can't separate it at all. The arrow in the diagram points to a location that has nothing of value there to dislocate the plate.
Some please help. Thanks in advance.
The Derfer wrote:

The picture shows a snap spring on the rear and two hook fingers on the front. If I was to try and remove it, I would pry up on the rear.

Shoot! That must be right. I didn't realize the next picture was the underside of the same switch. THANK YOU!