Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Great Auto Industry Shakeout
The Great Auto Industry Shakeout bailout of America's auto industry--General Motors, Chrysler, their finance units, their parts suppliers, Cash for Clunkers, etc.--is costing American taxpayers more...
5
5

Toyota tops 'clunkers' sales, GM down
Toyota tops 'clunkers' sales, GM down -- Detroit's Three automakers lost ground to foreign rivals in the latest tally of "cash for clunkers" sales, as Toyota Motor Corp. dethroned General Motors Co....
16
16

Volt Review Re-Run Still Runs Out of Gas
Volt Review Re-Run Still Runs Out of Gas Today re-joins the cavalcade of media outlets helping GM destroy as much Volt ?buzz? as possible via premature recapitulation. Yes, it?s a recycled review of...
16
16

MSM Double Negative on Volt?s Chances of Success
Whomever wrote that piece made a lot of assumptions, without getting the facts! First off the Volt is not made to compete with the Pruis. The Pruis is a hybrid, a technology that is on the wane. GMs...
5
5

GM: Still Making the Same Mistakes
GM: Still Making the Same Mistakes GM learned nothing? The "introduction" of the Chevy Volt this week shows the company has no idea how car sales really work By Ed Wallace It was almost painful to...
4
4

How Does The 2011 Chevy Volt Get 230 MPG? By Making Assumptions
How Does The 2011 Chevy Volt Get 230 MPG? By Making Assumptions GM confirms that the 2011 Chevrolet Volt will get 230 mpg city, and a composite fuel economy (city and highway) of more than 100 mpg...
5
5

Click to drive: GM, eBay join to sell new cars online
Click to drive: GM, eBay join to sell new cars online Motors and eBay will start a trial program Tuesday to let Californians buy cars online. Dealers at 225 locations in California will participate in...
3
3

New GM vehicles are being sold on on eBay.
California's the test-bed, so go to your (online) references and pick a zip code: Make your product choices, see the offers. It is almost like Carmax. I looked at the HHR around the zip code 90210...

Nissan EV outhypes GM Volt [Twitter]
Nissan EV out hypes GM Volt 1. To clarify our previous tweet, the DOE formula estimates 367mpg for Nissan LEAF.about 1 hour ago from web 2. Nissan Leaf = 367 mpg, no tailpipe, and no gas required. Oh...
1
1

GM Says Mercury Pollution From Old Cars Is Not Its Problem
> Yep, GM isn't responsible for anything but the consumption of taxpayers cash. Totally irresponsible Government Motors. The more you look at GM, it is a poster child of what is wrong in North...
7
7

230 MPG EPA Rating?
No. The ad shows 23. Are they really running the motor off gas? I thought they used petrol. That's what the 23 in the ad refers to. ========== "Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each...
2
2

Went to the flea market today
Saw a couple of booths with new Saturns being sold at 50% list price.

Keep Your Clunker. I want it later.
Don't kill your clunker unless its ready to be junked anyway. I might want to buy it in a few years, if my commute isn't too long, and I want there to be a supply of cheap guzzlers to choose from....

dry ice to remove hail dents
Has anyone here ever used dry ice to remove hail dents? If so, is there any trick to it other than apply the ice to the dents? For example, does it help if the vehicle is parked in hot sun when you do...
2
2

Battery Charging Question
I have a 2008 Buick Enclave and a passenger last night ran the audio CD for at least an hour with the car either in accessory or in the run position, engine not running. This ran the battery down and...
9
9