'97 Lumina

My daughters '97 Lumina anti-lock brake light just came on. Can someone tell me what two terminals to jumper in the ADL connector to get the codes. Also
does someone have the chart that tells what the codes mean?
Also while I was recently away my wife and daughter decided it needed some coolant added to it. Of course they added the green stuff, it had red in it, does anyone know what that will do (if anything) to it.
--
Doug and Rox Ann Adams
snipped-for-privacy@wcnet.org

You'll need a scan tool for that.
The Adams Family wrote:

ADL jumping was done away with back in 95. And it never did work with domestic GM's and ABS anyways.

If it were my car, I would immediately flush the system and re-install Death-Cool. Use Google to read up on mixing anti-freezes.

That's an incorrect statement.
Steve Mackie wrote:

Oh-oh... Any book info or links you can point me towards?
Thanks, Paul.

Any Haynes manual on whatever particular vehicle you are working on. Ever pre-OBDII/ALDL8192 GM I've worked on had no trouble flashing ABD codes.
Steve Mackie wrote:

Thanks Steve. Looks like I need to do some reading.

Looks like I have to go back to school, that should say "every" and "ABS."
Of course they added the green stuff, it had red in it,

You should change the orange stuff every couple of years anyway, to be on the safer side. If you havent done it lately, now is an ideal time to get it ready for winter... Have you changed hoses since you bought the car? Again, if not, no time like the present.
Thanks for the input, I know I used to jumper the old OBD and get codes, although its been awhile. Evidently they decided that people weren't spending enough money that way and now you have to buy a scan tool.

-

I think the reasons behind moving the OBD to a 'universal' standard is a little deeper than "we need to make them spend money."
But then again, I could be wrong, I have been wrong before and I don't own a foil hat. ;)
Here's some good info: http://www.obdii.com/background.html
Steve
What about that new anti-freeze which is supposed to be compatible with any vehicle ("no matter what color anti-freeze it has")? I THNK it's made by Prestone.

This one? http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_longlife.html
I bought a gallon of that stuff the other day for a vehicle that called for dex-cool, and it was a dollar cheaper than the dex. Any downside to using it? Seems like a good thing to me.