'06 Civic Mileage

Page 2 of 2

After reading about so many civics and their gas mileage, I've got a 03 4cyl auto Accord and on a houston to austin round trip (hilly highway driving), 95 degree weather and slight wind, 600 pounds load (people + luggage) using cruise control at 65 to 70 mph and a/c, got 37 mpg (about 6000 miles on car at the time). However around town (short hops 10miles or less) I get about 24 mpg so its a lot less but no complaints.
I recall once I had a 77 Monte Carlo 305 v8 auto from texas to florida doing 70mph in summer w/ a/c (no passengers) got 24 mpg.