12V Window Defroster

Hello,

The blower motor on my accord recently died and I intend on replacing it with the help of my dad when I go home for the Christmas break from school. However in the mean time I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a 12V heater that is meant to keep the front windshield clear and plugs into the cigarette lighter. I am not too concerned with it heating the entire car but just wondering if its sufficient heat to keep the front window frost free for visibility reasons. They are fairly inexpensive and I was considering buying one to do me until I get home. Does anyone have any personal experiences with these devices? Thankyou.

Reply to
Scott

I bought a 20$ device last winter and it gave up after less than 2 weeks. The heater coil inside gave up. The one I bought was designed like a hair dryer with thin coils. Thus any vibrations or knocking around probably did not help. They aren't powerful also And honestly, I doubt it will suffice to cover your windshield. Also, since they are made for car use, they don't heat up that much. Probably for security reasons. Anyway, there might just be better heaters around, hope you find a good one if they exist.

Reply to
Frank