Keyless Entry Installation.

Hi,

I just got a genuine Honda Civic keyless entry today which I've order from

for $120. And I installed ittoday. The problem I have is it is not working at all. Here are the instruction, and I did just want it tells on instruction.
My question is am I doing something wrong for programming of remote controller? or the actual keyless entry unit is broke? or since I don't have factory-audio on mine, is that the problem? just in case, if I put wrong connector on the fuse.. are they supposed to be all different size? so if someone tried to fit one, it won't fit if it is not the right one.

When I asked the merchant, they said it will be okay and there keyless entry unit is basically all I need. Please help me..

Reply to
gonyong

Of course there MAY be something wrong with the unit but here's the problems I had with programming my wife's CRV unit.

- When it says turn the key to OFF don't go to LOCK - When you get to the last step of the programming (press the lock button on each remote), THE IGNITION KEY CANNOT BE IN THE LOCK (It doesn't say that in the instructions but programming will NOT work if you leave the key in the ignition.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Thanks for your post. But I'm still having a problem which I believe my poor English.

- When it says turn the key to OFF don't go to LOCK

-> Is that means go to "I" (off) from "II" (on)? What do you mean don't go to LOCK??

- When you get to the last step of the programming (press the lock button on each remote),

THE IGNITION KEY CANNOT BE IN THE LOCK (It doesn't say that in the instructions but programming will NOT work if you leave the key in the ignition.

-> What you mean IGNITION KEY CANNOT BE IN THE LOCK? Should I use different key which just let me open door for that? I'm sorry but, I need more detail please. I don't speak English well..

Please, let me know. Thank you so much.

Lee Florack wrote:

Reply to
The Yi