Keyless Entry Problem on 2002 Honda

Son's 2002 CRV keyless entry has developed problems . It works eratically. He has use his other key also and it does the same thing. He has even tries new batteries to no avail.

Is there a central receiver on these? Any idea on how to remedy or check this out?

Reply to
<arlenpar

Start by injecting all five locks with LockEase and 'massage' it in with the key to be sure the mechanisms aren't dragging, causing too much friction. I got the stuff at a locksmith, but I think Home Depot and Revy carry it too. The lock on the tailgate of the CR-V tends to accumulate crud the worst. The ignition switch is also included because it gets a lot of usage. It's a graphite aerosol, and therefore messy, but it's the same stuff a locksmith might use to do preventative maintenance on your locks.

There's lots of 'articles' at hondasuv.com if you want to search around.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

I get it at the local NAPA... it's fairly common and good stuff. After using I run a key in and out a dozen times or so and wipe the key with a shop towel (or my jeans if the wife isn't looking!) to control the messiness a bit.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee