Re: G M is still number one in 2006

There are indeed state franchise laws, in almost every state of which I am aware. As with most federal laws however, the state laws can increase benefits protected under federal law, but they can not infringe on the
federal government rights under the commerce clause. I E a states minimum wage law can be for an amount greater than the federal law, but not lower.
mike hunt