The alarm will only set if you lock the car with the remote. So, if you
lock it any other way, the alarm will be disabled.
If the alarm is abled and you need to start the vehicle without the
remote, you'll need to follow this procedure:
1. Unlock the door, open it and get in. The alarm will be sounding.
2. Put the key in the ignition, turn to the "start" position and release
to the "on" position.
3. Wait 30 seconds. This will be about 10 seconds more than the alarm
4. Now start the car. It should start and the alarm is now disabled.
5. If the car does not start, retry the procedure starting with step 2.