06 Sonata LX broken pieces from seat

Here is a strange one.....I moved the driver's seat all the way forward to vacuum underneath, when it got to it's furthest point, something snapped and two pieces fell to the floor. One is small and
white, with a spring inside of it, and a small piece of copper, could could act as a conductor. The other is a long retangular black piece, about 1" long, 1/4" wide and deep. It looks like the white piece fits into the black piece, the white piece has an oval shaped stem that appears to fit into the black piece. Now the automatic seat works in every direction, except for forward and backwards.
I am in no way capable of repairing this, so it's going to the dealer tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am trying to research where these go and what they are. (HELP HYUNDAITECH!)
It sounds like it's part of the seat track mechanism for moving forward and back. Shouldn't break off under normal operation. Perhaps the stop switch didn't work.
tech: My 06 LX. when I start the seat goes "bump" and when I stop it does it too. Loose on the rails, I guess. sure is annoying. warranty covers this?? car 15 months old!! Haven't had time to take it back!!!
The seat does have a little play in it. Possibly normal. Mention it on your next service visit and see what they say.

To my memory, this is the first time I have ever moved the seat completely forward. So this is somewhat discouraging. I'm curious of why, how, and what caused this. And will it be prevented in the future.
Hyundaitech: I have also requested a resolution from my dealer to my front passenger seat problem I have posted in the past. The airbag will not engage when a passenger sits in the seat; the air bag will not disengage when a passenger leaves the seat; the passenger buckle light will flash when no one sits in the seat. These issues are random, and do not occur all the time. Have you heard any resolutions?
Just some seat observations from my '06 lx.....my drivers seat does not exhibit play on start/ stop-that must be annoying. My passenger seat track adjustment broke - dealer replaced entire seat bottom(leather and all) promptly without complaint..... 46000 miles currently
I've seen some issues with the seat sensor causing the seat belt lamp to flash. The solution was replacing the seat bottom.

I got the car back last night, the dealer managed to fix the seat with the parts that snapped off (after they told me they had to order parts that would not arrive until Friday). They also could not duplicate the passenger seat problem, I just can't seem to get through to them that this is a safety concern. Their answer is for me to drive it there when it is acting up. I can understand that the tech has to troubleshoot each and every problem, however, I have shown them this problem on camera (filmed with my digital camera). What else do they need?
Would the seat sensor send back a DTC? I am taking it to another dealer that is for sure.
The seat sensor could set a DTC, depending on the issue.
Try not to be too hard on the dealer. In order to do a proper diagnosis, the technician must be able to test while the problem is occurring in order to be certain of the cause.
I was once refused permission to replace the range switch on a vehicle because we couldn't duplicate the concern or pick up a trouble code. The customer's complaint: "Intermittently will not start. Shifting to neutral allows vehicle to start." The customer returned about four times, I believe, before we produced a trouble code and I was given permission to replace the range switch. It's stupid, if you ask me. But it's Hyundai's money. We must play by their rules.
Now that I mention it, you might get better results by calling Hyundai customer assistance (800-633-5151) than by taking the car to another dealer.