2013 Hyundai Sonata center console latch broken

My center console will not close. The latches on the upper and lower are st ill intact but the little square that the lower attaches to is broken. The tiny little piece snapped off when I was closing it. It's too small to supe r glue in place. I am pretty resourceful but cannot find a part to be MacGy ver with. Any help or recommendation is hugely appreciated. Even if you can think of any part that may fit the bill. It's been broken for a while and I'm getting sick of driving with my arm holding it down. Thanks a bunch!

Reply to
boonefamily95

Magnets ???

Reply to
Vic RR Garcia

After 4 years there are probably some Sonatas sitting in the junk yard. You can probably get the parts for a buck or two.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

still intact but the little square that the lower attaches to is broken. Th e tiny little piece snapped off when I was closing it. It's too small to su per glue in place. I am pretty resourceful but cannot find a part to be Mac Gyver with. Any help or recommendation is hugely appreciated. Even if you c an think of any part that may fit the bill. It's been broken for a while an d I'm getting sick of driving with my arm holding it down. Thanks a bunch!

Good suggestions. Thanks I will try them. We have a pick and pull a few mil es from my house so maybe a visit is in store.

Reply to
boonefamily95

still intact but the little square that the lower attaches to is broken. Th e tiny little piece snapped off when I was closing it. It's too small to su per glue in place. I am pretty resourceful but cannot find a part to be Mac Gyver with. Any help or recommendation is hugely appreciated. Even if you c an think of any part that may fit the bill. It's been broken for a while an d I'm getting sick of driving with my arm holding it down. Thanks a bunch!

My son had the same problem ... the little piece seems to be part of the st orage bucket and replacing it looks like taking the whole console apart (as well as about $80 for the plastic bucket). I used an extra set of the lit tle adhesive snaps provided with my Easy Pass replacement to hold it on the windshield - I put one set on each side or where the latch broke and they are holding the lid down nicely. I think velcro tabs would work just as we ll or super glue some of those little very powerful magnets you can get on ebay or Harbor Freight.

Reply to
jim

replying to boonefamily95, Robert F wrote: I replaced my latch a couple of times. I read on another site that someone used Velcro. Worked like a charm for $4, easy DIY and lots left over. Any time it stops working, just replace it from the same package.

Reply to
Robert F

replying to boonefamily95, Stacey wrote: Why does everyone say i used velcro or I used magnets to solve the problem but no shows photos or include exactly which size velcro or magnets, etc. Thanks

Reply to
Stacey