1998 tiberon clutch HELP!!!!!!!

Im replacing the clutch in a 1998 tiberon. I was doing fine until I tried to seperate the trans. from the engine. The trans. comes off about an inch
and then it springs back. Its like the snap ring on the pressure plate is pulling the trans. back. Does anyone know any tricks. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
This car has a pull type pressure plate. The lever for the throwout bearing is hooked into the bearing. You'll need to remove the lever from the top of the trans to pull it out. For reinstallation, my advice is to install the new bearing onto the fork on the trans, and install the clutch disc and pressure plate onto the engine. Then install the trans, reinstall the lever on top of the trans, then use the lever to snap the bearing onto the pressure plate.
I ended up breaking the throwout bearing. Oh well. Next time ill know. Thank you anyways....