Considering purchase of an Elantra

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a new Elantra. I'm a DIY'er and would like to know:
Are there detailed books, CD roms, etc that are available to do
service, maintenance, etc? Does Hyundai sell the service manuals to DIY'ers? Are parts availibility a problem? Is there a scan tool specific to the Elantra or is generic okay? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Dermott
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

The factory manuals are posted online at Hyundai WebTech. Access is free.

You can order them if you feel the need for a hard copy. I prefer to simply print out the pages I need from the web site as I need them.

Not if you have a dealer nearby. Aftermarket replacements for wear items are readily available.

I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else here can answer that.
generic obd II with iso protocol. bill
--

< snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...