Dash Lights stay on, 2001 XG

Went to start up today & only click, click. Charged up the battery for the first time since buying new in 2001 & away it started. But now tonight I can
see that even after removing the key & locking up the dash lights remain on. The interior lights go out on the timer OK etc. but those darn dash lights stay on. Disconnected the battery under the hood & I could here a relay somewhere click. Any ideas folks. Thanks, BC in BC
Are the parking lamps still on?
Since my first post I've checked everything quite carefully. The only lights that stay on are the dash or instrument cluster lights. Nothing else. Aside from that, the digital display (heater or radio) which is normally bright until you turn on the headlights now is dim as if the headlights were on - but of course they aren't. I have checked out the online manual but the electrical schematics leave a little to be desired. I am beginning to think that it's a relay within the ETSCM -the M33-3 component perhaps? I have unplugged the rheostat so I don't drain the battery & am thinking of just wiring a toggle switch in series to it from the hot wire, as long as nothing else is on. A curious think too was that pulling the 10A fuse labelled 'cluster' under the dash, did not put the lights out but prevented the car from starting even though it turned over fine. I am beginning to think that Hyundai is a bit weak in their documentation of the electrical.
Thanks, BC

You might check all the fuses. A blown fuse can cause some odd feedback issues. Other than that, this will be a very weird issue. If the tail lamp relay is still open, you shouldn't have power to the dash lamps. If the relay is closed, the tail lamps should be on as well.
Thanks HyundaiTech, I have a bit of feed back suggesting that I disconnect the daytime running light relay under the hood (Canadian eh?). Tomorrow I'll try that & the rest of the fuses, weather permitting. It just might be that relay though b/c when I reconnected the battery, with doors closed, nothing on at all, as soon as I touched the terminal with the cable I could hear a relay click from near the location of this module. Certainly do agree -weird. BCinBC

I wasn't thinking about your being in Canada. That may change my entire logic on the relay. I'm not sure how the DRL is wired.
Received the DRL module from my original dealer in Ontario & installed it today. The problems are fixed & no wonder the online circuit diagrams didn't seem to help - I too forgot the differences between Canadian & US vehicles. Thanks for your help hyundaitech. BC in the remote wilds of BC