2000 Amigo "clunk" between 1st and second gears

Iíve recently purchases a used 2000 Amigo 6cyl 2 WD automatic and am experiencing a clunk between gears when it shifts up to 2nd or slowing down thru to first.
The clunk does not happen all the time but does seem to go in cycles. It will be fine and then "clunks" for a period of time, then fine again.
Whats causing this?
Thanks.
‚úĖ
510john wrote:

When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Not sure since I bought the Amigo from a used car dealer. It has only 65k miles and is in otherwise excellent condition inside and out. I did not notice any "clunking" when I tested the car. Itís now been driven for a few days and the clunking has happened on 3 seperate occaisions each lasting for a short period of time.
The transmission is otherwis smooth as silk. The carfax shows the last servicing was at 33k and I will be taking it in for the 60k scheduled
"miles" wrote
> 510john wrote: > > Iíve recently purchases a used 2000 Amigo 6cyl 2 WD > automatic and am > > experiencing a clunk between gears when it shifts up to 2nd > or slowing > > down thru to first. > > > > The clunk does not happen all the time but does seem to go > in cycles. > > It will be fine and then "clunks" for a period of time, then > fine > > again. > > > > Whats causing this? > > When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed?
‚úĖ
The Amigo was checked out and it was discovered that the problem is electrical and not with the transmission. Apparently, the engine was steam cleaned by the dealer preparing it for re-sale. Not a good thing with todays computerized engine components.
Donít quote me on this........ but the mechanics thouroughly checked engine and transmission discovering moisture inside the transmission cellenoid and wiring...... (or inside components where it shouldnít be moist). The moisture was effecting the computer causing shift confusion.
They dried these areas and so far (after two full days of driving) I have not experienced a single "clunk".
"510john" wrote > Not sure since I bought the Amigo from a used car dealer. It > has only 65k miles and is in otherwise excellent condition > inside and out. I did not notice any "clunking" when I tested > the car. It's now been driven for a few days and the clunking > has happened on 3 seperate occaisions each lasting for a short > period of time. > > The transmission is otherwis smooth as silk. > The carfax shows the last servicing was at 33k and I will be > taking it in for the 60k scheduled.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ